Volume 2 Issue 6June 1998
Videoconferencing Resources on the Web
Americas PictureTel User Group
- The PictureTel User Group was founded in 1992 as an independent, international organization to promote and encourage communication between users of PictureTel Corporation products and services.
The group provides feedback to PictureTel on product enhancements and new development, and works toward the overall education of the videoconferencing professional.
CCC Videoconferencing Directory
- A complete and current listing of all available CCC videoconferencing systems. Includes system location, contact information, and voice/ISDN phone numbers.
Creative Videoconferencing Room Design
- Guidelines for designing and preparing rooms for group videoconferencing.
- Videoconferencing lighting systems, design, and consulting services.
International Telecommunication Union
- An international organization within which governments and the private sector coordinate global telecom networks and services. The ITU-T, the Telecommunication Standardization Sector of the ITU, creates standards for videoconferencing.
- Producers of videoconferencing systems, including the Venue2000.
Smarter College Classrooms
- A complete source of classroom information for colleges, architects, and facilities planners.
VC Quest Online
- VC Quest is the most comprehensive directory of United States compressed videoconferencing sites anywhere. The directory currently contains over 3800 listings.
VidConf Mailing List
- VidConf deals with video and audio conferencing technology and its uses in daily life.
To subscribe, send a message to email@example.com in the message body type, subscribe vidconf" (no quotes).
- This Pacific Bell Education First site is a good reference source to help users become familiar with some of the terminology common in video-conferencing.
Videoconference Resource Center
- Extensive site covering many aspects of videoconferencing. Includes articles, bulletin-board forums, product reviews, and classifieds.
ZD Net Products
- Reviews of videoconferencing products and issues.